Thursday 31 December 2015

2015..... You Sucked...







2015....

Wow where do I start.....you sucked....big time!

From the day that we returned home from our relaxing Christmas holiday in January you decided to bite us on the arse with a flea infested house and a fridge that did not work.

And you didn't stop there....there was the lawn mower that died, the shower head that broke, the microwave oven that started to send out sparks, hubby's car broke down, the hot water service sprung a leak, the kettle gave up the ghost, my car needed a new water pump....a week later it needed a new radiator....hubby's car needed a new battery....and that's not even the half of it.

Add to all of the above the fact that work was scarce and hubby had to spend a lot of time working away from home just to get some turnover.

The money worries that 2015 brought made me quite literally feel sick to my stomach. There were days when I did not know what we were going to be able to eat for dinner.  Days where I didn't know where the next mortgage payment was going to come from.

There was stress, there was worry, there were tears.


Suck as you may have 2015 you couldn't keep us down.  There have still been some good times, there have still been some laughs and there has still been a lot of love.

There were even times throughout the year that I believed in miracles.  When hubby would be away and I would literally be down to my last few dollars there must have been someone watching over us.  Sometimes it would be some money arriving in the mail from my in-laws, other times it was something that had been listed on eBay for months finally selling.  A random act of kindness from a Facebook follower just before Christmas really touched my heart and it was moments like these that kept me going.

You don't go through a year like 2015 without taking a long hard look at your life and thinking of ways that you can make changes for the better.

I've been a stay at home mum since forever and whilst I don't really want that to change I had to look at the bigger picture and eventually started looking for work...I even went for a job interview...my first in a very, very, very long time!

I didn't get the job but that prompted me to think outside the square and a few months ago I decided to put myself out there as a Virtual Assistant....Virtual Veronica !!!  I've completed a few jobs and now have to look to grow my business so that I can contribute financially to the household ......without leaving home.  So if you, or anyone you know, needs a VA....let me know  ;-)

I also signed up as a consultant with Jamberry nail wraps....love the product so thought why not!   Pop over to my Come Wrap With Me page on Facebook if you want to find out more!!  

It's all about not having all my eggs in the one basket!!

So as I sit here at home for Christmas and New Years and every day of the holidays because we clearly can't afford to go away.....I am counting down to the end of 2015 and I am full of hope and enthusiasm for 2016.  

Wishing you all a wonderful new year!!  Here's hoping that in 2016 we can kick arse !!



























1 comment:

  1. Hi Mum to Five girls. Just want to say that I really loved that post. I too am a Mum to five girls, although 3 are my step-girls, it is still hectic.

    Your post strongly resonated with me and I love your bravery and courage and sheer determination to keep going even when you don't know what is coming up around the bend.

    All the best with your virtual assistant biz, Virtual Veronica. I love the name. I am sure you are going to do really well.

    By the way 2015 completely and utterly sucked for me too and it didn't end that well either.

    Here's to a better 2016, good luck with your blog and business too.

    I think I will start mine up again now as writing is very cathartic.

    From one Mum of 5 to another......

    Fiona

    Here's a link to my blog, it's a bit out of date, don't worry I'm not trying to flog you anything but you're the only other Mum of 5 girls I know!!

    http://myredboots.com.au/

    ReplyDelete