Wednesday 27 August 2014

You Are So Not Coming On Holidays With Me...



I cannot believe how fast this year seems to be going for me.  It is my first year with all of the girls at school and to be honest I had imagined that by now I would be a little bit more organised and somehow finding a little bit more 'me' time!  That hasn't really happened but I am taking small steps to get things heading in the right direction.

One of the 'me' things that has really been lacking this year is time to exercise, even just to get out and go for a walk.....and it is starting to show with more than a few excess kilos piling on!

At the beginning of the year when we were on holidays we were walking to the beach, swimming in the lagoon, enjoying plenty of fruit and home cooked meals.  Then we returned to the chaos that is our home and our everyday lives and bad choices crept in...especially now that I could enjoy a hot chocolate in peace and quiet...I may have really taken advantage of this one!

Then autumn and winter came along and since our current sleeping arrangements see hubby and I still sleeping in the loungeroom on the fold out sofa while other rooms are painted etc.. we easily fell into a very comfortable routine of night time hot milo and midnight snacks as we watched our way through the World Cup, followed by the Tour de France and then the Commonwealth Games.

Slowly jeans became too tight and were gladly placed with leggings and tracksuit pants.  It was when these elasticized clothes started to feel a tad tight that I did a double take!!

I had planned on returning to my local Contours gym earlier this year.  It has been a few years since I was a member but I did like the concept of it...but a few weeks after I had thought about returning I received an email that they were closing down....!!  I tried right!!??

We've had more than our fair share of winter coughs and colds and a few stomach bugs thrown in so it is time for a healthy start to spring for the whole family.  

Time to dig out my zumba dvd's (unused might I add!!), dust off my Michelle Bridges workout dvd's and get myself an at home exercise routine underway.  And if this Sydney rain ever stops I could add walking the girls to school a few times a week to my schedule.

And an overhaul of some of my eating habits might be in order too!  Perhaps I could limit those delicious hot chocolates to a once a week treat!  Today marks 17 days without so much as a sip of coke and 3 days without a taste of a chocolate bar...baby steps !

My big picture is to improve our overall health and fitness but if I manage to shed a few kilos before our Christmas holidays this year well that would be a bonus because I am not too keen to take them on holidays with me!

Watch this space...!!!  Well hopefully, coz I'm not really good and consistent exercise and healthy stuff!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment