Saturday 5 July 2014

Transforming Op Shop Jars...


It started with one glass jar...then another...before I knew it...there was a little collection growing....a collection of op shop finds!

They sat neglected for quite some time until recently I decided to dust them off and give them a new lease of life....

Here is my collection...all bargains picked up from various op shops for just a few dollars each...




Hidden away (from hubby's sight!!)  I have a little stash of craft bits n pieces...so I dragged them out....I had some hessian, lace, string, yarn, flowers, ribbon etc...  and my glue gun came in handy too!



I started on the first jar by cutting a piece of hessian long enough to fit around the jar and then glueing it in place...




Next I cut a piece of lace long enough to go around the jar and glued this in place too...




Lastly I attached some beautiful pink roses that I had to the front of the jar....



And then the jar was complete....



For the second jar I glued one end of a piece of twine to the top back of the jar....



And then I continued to wind the twine around the jar, adding dots of glue as necessary to keep it all in place...



Once I was finished I glued the end of the twine into place and added a lace ribbon to the jar, simply tied in a bow at the front and the jar was complete....



The third jar was quick and easy....I glued a piece of pink lace in place around the middle of the jar....



And finished it off by adding a big flower embellishment glued to the front...




The fourth was a tall bottle and again it was quick and easy.  I cut a small piece of hessian to fit around the middle of the bottle and glued it on...




I then cut a small piece of ribbon and glued that on over the hessian....



And lastly I tied a piece of string over the ribbon and tied it in a bow....



And this bottle was now finished....



The last bottle was a little more tricky.  I decided to wind yarn around the bottle, putting dots of glue as I went to hold it in place.  I started with a green yarn...



Then changed to a white yarn....


And finally I changed to a yellow yarn...



Once I got into a rhythm of wrapping the yarn it was not too hard.  The finished bottle looked like this....



Now I love my transformed jars and bottles!




No comments:

Post a Comment