Tuesday 25 March 2014

Abracadabra...watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!


Attempting to crochet something other than a granny square last week proved to be much
more frustrating than restful....even more so when Miss 5 caught a glimpse of the iPad and saw an array of wonderful creations that can be made by skilled crocheters.  Sadly I do not fall into this category of skilled crocheter and so her request for a bunny like the ones in the picture below to be made before she went to bed was not met with the response that she desired!!

These bunnies are absolutely adorable and I would love to be able to make one...or two...or three...but I have never followed a crochet pattern before and it was like reading another language!

I appeased miss 5 with the news that I would make her a different bunny rabbit and that we would go and buy some wool the next day.  Of course the minute that miss 5 woke up she asked if we were going to buy the wool so I knew that there was no getting out of it.

I decided that my strengths lay in knitting...well that is as long as the pattern did not require much much more than the very basics!  Way too long was spent on ravelry and google looking at pictures and patterns.  

Finally I came across a life-saving blog....Jo So and Sew...and she had a tutorial for a bunny made from a knitted square....surely even I could make that...couldn't I??




So wool was purchased, stitches were cast on and the knitting began.


Sadly for miss 5 I am not a fast knitter so my bunny took two evenings to complete.


Once the square was finished it was just a case of following the steps outlined on the blog...


Then I sewed on some eyes and a cute little nose....and a tail...


and abracadabra...watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat...


Voila!  Cute even if I do say so myself!


This is probably one of the only knitting projects that I have actually completed in the last few years!!  Now I have requests for more bunnies from each of the girls...so watch this space, they are breeding already...






No comments:

Post a Comment