Wednesday 6 November 2013

It's been a bit quiet of late.....

The last 2-3 weeks have been a bit quiet here on the blogging front...

The reason for that is because in some state of delirium I thought it would be a good idea to have Miss 5's birthday party and Miss 16's birthday party on the same day....and not only that but I only came to this decision about 3 and a half weeks ago....and the parties are this Saturday !!!!

So I have been burning the proverbial midnight oil with endless hours of  hall bookings, jumping castle price comparisons, jukebox hire research and I now even know a thing or two about chocolate fountains!

There has been the invitations to write and make, the costumes to organise....yeah I didn't mention that both parties had a theme did I....!!!!  There's been shopping for decorations, enquiries about helium tanks.....OMG !!!!!

Miss 5 is having a dozen friends come dressed in their favourite dress up clothes.  Miss 5 has changed her mind everyday where her dress ups is concerned....she was going as a care bear, then as Cinderella, a dozen mind changes later she is going as a princess....let's hope that doesn't change tomorrow.

There's the party food to plan, the games to organise and the cake to make....oh yeah somewhere along the way I have decided to make the cakes for each party as well....with fondant icing which I've never used before !!!!!!!

Miss 16 is having 20+ friends arrive 2 hours after Miss 5's party concludes.  So it' ll be a quick hall clean, change over of decorations and set up for the older kids to arrive.

Thankfully there is some overlap as Miss 16 has decided on a childhood theme and is going as Cinderella to her party so some party food and decorations will be the same.  

But since it is her 16th I am hoping to give it a bit more of an elegant feel...a bit like the ballroom at the palace that Cinderella goes to.....  So I have been researching curtain lights, making organza table decorations, choosing table cloths etc.... and accessories!

So now its all hands on deck....tonight I have to download music for 5 year olds, tomorrow I have to bake the cakes, make chocolate crackles, fill lolly bags, check every-bodies costumes. Friday I have to ice the cakes and bake some cupcakes, make some meringues, pack everything into tubs to take to the hall....

Then it'll be the big day...balloons to fill with helium, sandwiches to make, kids to dress....OMG whose idea was this !!!

I'll blog about it all if I survive !!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment