Wednesday 10 July 2013

Hidden Treasure....

Tucked away from street view....you wouldn't even know it was there....in fact I only stumbled upon it's existence earlier this year.....it is my hidden treasure.....o

I love everything about this place...from the building itself made of straw...to the eco-library stocked with books on sustainability....the workshops that they hold...the friendly staff....their whole approach to diverting waste from landfill.....and the items that they have for sale at fabulous prices....




You just never know what they are going to have inside those walls so each time you go there is like a new experience.  You can fossick through old tools, boxes of knobs and handles, there is furniture, old wares, kitchen items, pictures, glass jars, banners, frames....a little bit of everything.

The consignment area greets you as you walk in and its goods are hard to resist.  Here you will find wonderful items that have been restored or perhaps re-purposed by some truly creative people.










If you manage to tear yourself away from these delights you can make your way through all of the books and records, the electrical appliances and furniture.....

But wait, there's more.....as you move outside you will not be disappointed.  Here you can find old doors, timber, windows, chairs, tiles at bargain prices and bikes galore.....








Once I reach this point I usually go back inside and do it all again.  Luckily for my budget I don't live close enough for frequent visits because every time I do go there I fall in love with so many of the things!!

This was my first ever purchase...hubby and I saw these and had to have them....$30 for a pair of light fittings...they are amazing...





and my most recent purchase from our visit this week.....only $25...it is so lovely..an old door frame with metal insert...will look wonderful hanging on the wall in the bedroom....





So what is this place.....where is it located....oh my I'm not sure I'm ready to share my hidden treasure!!

But for the sake of reducing landfill and saving our environment for future generations....here goes......it is The Bower Re-use and Recycle Centre in Sydney....I love it !!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment